What am I on? Day 6? I’m not sure. Wait, let me check my calendar! (genius, I tell ya.) WELL, actually it’s day 10. Sooooo I’m not so good at keeping track. You would think with my 25 calendars/to do lists/planners, I would be better at staying organized.
ANYWAY, it is going great so far! I love the way whole food makes me feel. I have energy for my workouts, and energy throughout the day. I would recommend this program to anyone, with a sealed and signed stamp of approval!! #nerdalert
I am going to share a couple of delicious recipes I made the last few days. Two awesome soups to get you through this cold weather we’re experiencing. First up, faux pho soup. Now, this is taken from It Starts With Food so it doesn’t have any measurements. (My husband said that that’s not too helpful–he’s correct). I’m pretty awesome in the way that I can throw things in one big pot and make it taste good.
Only one time have I put too much spice in something. Whoops.
Recipe #1 Faux Pho Soup
Coconut aminos (get online or at Hy-Vee in the health section), dried ginger, cinnamon, pork/chicken/beef/lamb/shrimp (I used stew meat!), green beans, red bell pepper, beef broth
Top with scallions, fresh basil leaves, and a squeeze of lime juice.
Recipe #2 Green Chili
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pound ground white turkey breast (optional)
- 2 green bell peppers chopped
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 jar of tomatillo salsa (the green kind)
- 1 can of diced green chiles, drained
- 1 small jalapeño, seeded and finely sliced
- 1 quart vegetable broth
- 1 can of Eden Foods cannellini beans (2 cans if not using turkey breast)
- 1 cup of chopped cilantro
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- organic sour cream (optional)
- Heat ½ tablespoon of the oil in a large pot over medium high heat
- Add ground turkey to pan and cook until browned
- Transfer cooked turkey to a bowl and return pot to heat
- Add remaining ½ tablespoon oil, bell pepper and onion and cook until softened and golden brown
- Add turkey back to pot with spices and salt and mix well
- Add bay leaf, tomatillos, chiles, jalapeños and broth, reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 40 mins
- If you like more broth and less chunky chili, add up to two additional cups water
- Gently stir in beans and cook for 30 minutes more
- Stir in cilantro at the very end, right before serving
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream and a lime wedge
That’s all for today folks!
Here’s to health, happiness and good food! 😉